Boombox amped up NOCO’s LGBTQ+ imagery with photos featuring diverse members of the queer community enjoying notable attractions and establishments. These vibrant images were used across the NOCO website and its social platforms and channels. We also created an optimized LGBTQ+ landing page, which we populated with editorial content including city guides, itineraries, explorations of New Orleans’ rich LGBTQ+ history, and more.
From there, the work got bigger and better. We developed fun, travel-friendly newsletters, sweepstakes, and unique video campaigns with local and national LGBTQ+ talent. We launched an Everyone’s Welcome Here sticker program to help businesses demonstrate their commitment to providing welcoming, inclusive spaces for queer people. We even brought a NOCO presence to World Pride with a custom-fabricated riverboat float.
These efforts combined made a big impact. Our optimized LGBTQ+ landing page generated a 1,680% increase in month-over-month conversions. New Orleans also began receiving national recognition and rankings for its LGBTQ+ inclusivity, including:
- Most Welcoming City in the World (Silver, 2x) — Gay Cities
- Emerging Gayborhoods — Marigny (Silver) — Gay Cities
- Travel-Worthy Festivals — Southern Decadence (Silver) — Gay Cities
- Most LGBTQ-Friendly City of Travel — Club Med
- Best United States Gay Bar — Cafe Lafitte — Gaytravel.com
- 2nd Best LGBTQ-friendly Place in the USA — Hotels.com